Chocolate Strawberry Paleo Icecream
original recipe by Kileah McIlvain
serves 1 person, or several people. I'll let you make that call.
2 cans coconut milk (if it's full-fat it will be creamier!)
2 or 3 tbsp. creamed coconut (optional-it just makes it creamier)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
3/4 c. raw cocoa/cacao powder (non-alkaline)
1/2 c. honey or maple syrup (more or less based on your preference)
1 c. strawberries (pureed) + 3 large strawberries, diced
1. blend coconut milk, vanilla, salt, honey and cocoa powder until well-mixed
2. add your strawberry puree and diced strawberries
3. pour into a 9x13 dish (can be metal or glass) and stick in your freezer for 3 hours
4. pull pan out, scoop the forming icecream back into your kitchenAid bowl and whip it back up with your whisk attachment.
5. pour back into your 9x13 inch pan, spread gently and stick it back in the freezer for another 3 hours or so.
6. when ready to serve, scoop like normal and store extra in an air-tight container in the freezer.
Have a blessed Memorial Day everyone.
"Greater love has no one than this: that someone lay down his life for his friends."
John 15:13 ESV
"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other men, but a right that belongs to us by the laws of God and nature."