Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pregnancy Update (14 weeks)

Hey everyone! Just gonna update you with what's going on this week!
First letting you all know I am currently writing up future posts (like the series on my birth stories, etc.!) and a current update on my pregnancy:)

How far along? 14 weeks 4 days (got the real estimate from my midwife today!)

Total weight gain: 5 lbs.

How big is baby? about the size of a lemon...or 3 inches from head to bum.

Sleep: no too terrible. pretty normal insomnia bouts so i tweet with british friends/people. I think my body is telling me I need to move to the UK so it's going off of their time schedule...which happens to be 8 hours ahead of my timezone. HA. 



Best moment this week: getting to hear our little hobbit's heartbeat today at my first prenatal appointment here at home. Can I just say that it was such a reassuring and beautiful moment?  Heart tones were about 144. Perfect.

Movement: meh. could be my gassiness. who knows. ha. 

Food cravings: not too bad now. I still don't mind pizza:) or tea. lots and lots of tea-but tea is already a normal-ness for me. 

Belly button in or out? still in, with its glorious slightly wrinkly overhang. one more awesome thing that is AWESOME about an expanding pregnant belly from previous births?? the wrinkles go away for a while....:D

What I miss: not peeing as much. 

What I'm looking forward to: 
AUTUMN. still. all of you complainers about not having a "long enough summer"? move to arizona. they have plenty of sun for ALL of you. LOL.(says the bat who loves her cool dark cave.) (okok. i love you all so you can stay;) I am also looking forward to knitting, crafting and preserving more things this fall. Still have peaches, tomatoes, pickles, dilly beans, pumpkin, pear, and apple butters, and hard cider to make. Woot! 

Milestone: I am officially in my 2nd trimester and am NOT a pukey  exhausted mess all of the time. heck i even put on makeup more frequently now. be amazed, folks.  welcome to non-first-trimester-frump-kileah.  



The Lord is faithful<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment