Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bands, Babies and Basalmic Vinegar

Well I am happy to admit that the general awesomeness of life has pushed the blogging priorities on the back burner for a while. Let's get a rundown:
Follow The Albatross
We have since launched a worship band at Core Life Church. The band is called Follow the Albatross (the name is taken from C.S. Lewis' Voyage of the Dawn Treader). My husband Micah is in the band with me, my friend Kelsey and her husband Larry, our friend Adam, and our great friend and mastermind of the band, Daniel. We are excited to embrace and cultivate a heart of love for the Gospel, for the lives around us, and live on MISSION to real people in our real world. I am so honored and excited to be a part of reaching out to our generation to live for Jesus, to reach out to a hurting world and love them, and to rock out with all the passion within me for HIS GLORY.
                                                                    Follow the Albatross
photo courtesy of Marissa Gleason 
Babies
So I don't know if any of you know but I have a HUGE desire and heart for helping pregnant and birthing women! I am a huge advocate for natural birth, supporting a momma's and baby's right to better care and providing support, information, encouragement and love for the expecting mother. Be it sharing information, encouraging throughout pregnancy, supporting through the process of labour and encouragment and support after baby has entered earthside...I love it all! So, I am currently inserting myself as a learning doula in hopes of going through formal training through CANA or DONA and becoming certified as a labour doula and IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) and maybe even a birthing instructor down the road. Who knows! All I know is I love it, and I love the women I get to help during this amazing time!


Basalmic Vinegar
I have this KILLER 18-yrs aged basalmic vinegar from Navidi's in Camas,Washington that I've been enjoying on close to everything I eat (except my Scottish oatmeal and my snickerdoodles. I'll keep those pure, thank you very much.) The other day I made an amazing little concoction that I'm sure you'll enjoy as a meat marinade or a dressing on some great Wild Rocket Arugula Salad with some raw sheep feta and dried cranberries! Here's the recipe:

Combine in a mortar and pestle:
1 1/2 tsp. grey celtic sea salt (those minerals are vital for you, people! plus it tastes amazing.)
1/2 fennel seed (i know i know...weird, but it's worth it)
1 tsp. marjoram
1/2 tsp. basil
Grind that up for a bit and dump it into a container you can dispense a dressing out of.
Add: 1/4 to 1/3 c. Basalmic vinegar and shake that around and let it sit to diffuse the flavour of the spices into the vinegar. I usually let it sit for about a 1/2 hr or so.
Add: 1/4 to 1/3 c. Sesame Oil (okay. yummies oil and i am totally on a sesame oil kick too. adds such a great flavour to everything!)
shake it all up...add a dash of white wine if you want to...or just shake some onto your salad or meat!
Super yummy, super easy, and you feel like a Greek when you eat it on whatever you put it on. Just sayin'.

Well in wrapping up, I just wanted to say thanks for all of you who check back to see if I've written anything lately! Put me in your readers if you like what you see;) I can't promise to post all the time, but I'll post as I can. And I'll re-download my Android Blogger app so that I can keep people up-to-date!
Psalm 58

No comments:

Post a Comment