Tuesday, November 02, 2010

November's Beginnings

Here it is November the 2nd, and I  have already neglected to post for a bit! Lots of wonderful things have been going on in the McIlvain clan's life.
I celebrated my 26th birthday this last month.
Our little clan went to our worship ministry retreat for Core Life Church.  We were refreshed, challenged, built up and encouraged as we gathered together at Eagle Fern Camp near Estacada. The weekend's theme was "This Is Love"...based out of the book of 1 John in the Bible. I think my one of my favourite sessions of the weekend was the breakout session on "songwriting"...absolutely encouraging!
On another note, my brother, his wife and two awesome boys are here in town for a couple of weeks! He just got back from his deployment with the Army and we are happy to have them here for a bit!
My little Imogen Mae's birthday is in 15 days and I can't believe how fast the moments have gone by getting to be her mother this first year outside of my womb.
I have about 83 lbs of autumnal apples in my kitchen waiting to be turned into dried apple rings, applesauce, apple butter, and whatever else I see fit to make them into;) I also have a few different varieties of pears I'm gonna find something to do with as well. Probably butter as well!
Our firehouse hard cider is fairly done fermenting so bottling that up will be a priority this week as well as roasting our pumpkins and turning that into pies and pumpkin butter (yes. the recipes will be coming!)
Well that's it for now. I'm off to make myself some Chocolate Chai Tea from Navidi's and settle down with a good book. Because yes...the house is clean. And Hobbits are napping!

1 comment:

  1. 83 pounds!!! Wowser! You are the most industrious person I know, Kileah, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete