Sunday, October 03, 2010

A Healing and Speaking

Things have ebbed and flowed this past week. Nerf went back to work to a promotion and a raise (totally an answer to our prayers)...the desires of some of our family's hearts being answered after years of faithfulness and trials, and the slow process of processing through our grief and beginning to heal from the loss of our little one who even now is held gently in the arms of our beautiful Creator.
One of the biggest factors of processing and healing for me has always been music...specifically the music of my heritage: Celtic music. Be it modern hymns, old hymns, gaelic, just speaking from life...anything....music, specifically THIS music speaks to my soul-always has, always will. There is a depth, a kinship when I hear the theology, the real life, the otherworld-ness, the suffering, sorrow, healing, hardship, joy, faith and love of those who have gone before me. That I am not alone. That even if I cannot understand how a loving God who is just would allow such a thing into my life for whatever reason He deems fit to....He is still a good God who loves me, whom I will trust and fall upon with my tears, my sorrow, my everything.
I will leave you all with these lyrics from Keith and Kristyn Getty. The song is called Be Still My Soul, Be Still.  Click on the link to watch/listen to it on Youtube.

Still, my soul be still 

Words and Music by Keith & Kristyn Getty & Stuart Townend  

Still my soul be still 
And do not fear 
Though winds of change may rage tomorrow
 God is at your side 
No longer dread 
The fires of unexpected sorrow  

God You are my God 
And I will trust in You and not be shaken 
Lord of peace renew 
A steadfast spirit within me 
To rest in You alone  

Still my soul be still 
Do not be moved 
By lesser lights and fleeting shadows 
Hold onto His ways 
With shield of faith 
Against temptations flaming arrows  

Still my soul be still 
Do not forsake 
The Truth you learned in the beginning 
Wait upon the Lord 
And hope will rise As stars appear when day is dimming  

3 comments:

  1. Dawn Clark12:04 PM

    Loving these words of encouragement, gentleness and loving words from the LORD.. Thank you for sharing this with us all and opening your heart :D

    Isaiah 41:10 Fear not; for I am with you. Be not dismayed; for I am your God. I will strengthen you; yea, I will help you; yea, I will uphold you with the right hand of My righteousness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christ above you, Christ below you, Christ before you, Christ behind you, Christ beside you. In all your ways, in all your days, in every breath and life and death. Christ be with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete