Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Big Yawning Mouth

This week is stretching out like a big huge gaping maw with teeth ready to shred at me the nearer I come to it...It makes the pit in my stomach feel sick. I have to remember that I can only take one minute at a time...one hour...one day. Even if I don't think I can feel God's strength, I have to believe that it is there; that HE is here. We're not alone. I'm not alone. Life will move on, it will get better. Lord, be with us as we attempt to sleep another night. Be in the dreams of our hearts and the dreams of our children as they slumber. Give us a song deep within our bones as we are knit back together through all of this. Remind us, impress on our hearts, and infuse into our soul the memories of your goodness, your tender mercy, your sovereignty, and Your love. Oh that love that washes away these petty hurt squabbles we get so embroiled in...these heavy weights that threaten to drag us to the bottom of our sorrows...Help us to remember what matters...and what is true. 
Tonight we sang this hymn. The first verse has always ministered to me. I hope you find comfort, encouragement, even conviction in it. 

Jesus Paid It AllI hear the Saviour say "Thy faith indeed is small
Child of weakness watch and pray
Find in Me thine All in All"
Jesus paid it all
All to Him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow

No comments:

Post a Comment