Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fall Yums


Well I have finished off the last of the Italian plums and succumbed them into spiced plum butter! I had this giant pot slowcooking for about 17 hours with spices and orange peel....good heavens the house smelled like Christmas! :D


YUM.

So now it's on to canning the pears from our Bosc Pear tree!
I've picked about 100 lbs so far, and given some away, and I still have about 30 more lbs to pick!
Again my dh and I have made some Perry from some of them (hard pear cider) and today we bottle it! I think we'll let this one sit out for a bit, though-to make it a bit dry-I think it will compliment the delicate taste of the pear.








The Fuji apples are now ready as well so I am excited to
pick those and make some more applesauce! I don't think I could ever have enough of applesauce. ;)


Pumpkin season is upon us, and I am thinking of all the ways I can can those too....maybe make some pumpkin pie filling, and then just can some chunks....good for smoothies, pumpkin butter, and the like.....also I am a cheesy pumpkin soup addict. So if you are so inclined, I will give you the recipe, or well, the gist of it! Just let me know!



So. If any of you ladies or gentlemen out there have some great fall yum recipes to share, please do! In fact, I think next week I will do that. Share some of my fall recipes that I love making during this time of year. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment