Thursday, June 12, 2008

Days

Well. One more day of work in the business world and I embark upon the beautiful challenge of being a home woman. Can I say I am ecstatic???? Now, this is not to say that I am now going to hole myself up in my house and shed the outside world...what a narrow-sided view, eh? To ignore the fact we are to be not only salt and light and nurturers of our home, but of the community and world around us. I can't think of living in a world where I was ineffective outside of my home. Easy to do....but oh how devastating to this thirsty world around us longing to be made whole again by its Creator!
And so I admonish all of you women-we have been given the gift of nurturer. We have, along with our families, been given this great opportunity to better our communites...enrichen our families, impact this society, and reach out to a thirsty and yearning world around us.
On another amazing note- I am 8 days away from my due date. I am 2 cm. dialated as we speak, and 80% effaced:) Exciting, to say the least! I can't wait to tell people about my birth. What it will be like, how amazing I think that bodies are, and how capable we are as women of giving birth. Amazing!!!!! Well, on to next week. If I have not "popped" as some people like to say....then I will be weeding out all of the horsetails that seem to have creeped into my backyard....and re-arranging our guest bedroom for company staying with us after the birth.
More shall come as I have the chance to write! I love you all-keep walking....keep a weathered eye on the open road before you.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you again. BTW, I need your phone # one of these days. You can e-mail me at heather093@centurytel.net. You are having the birth I was never able to have, if you can, enjoy it for me too!

    Love you, you'll be great and I need another mom friend to keep me busy (like 3 kids and a hubby isn't enough?)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that baby here yet?

    ReplyDelete