Thursday, February 07, 2008

Stepping in Water

So-normal morning getting ready to work at the bank. I got ready, and left our bedroom-and started walking down the hallway...only to have my feet completely soaked in sloshy carpet. Somehow, during the night...something had flooded our entire hallway. Nothing else. I frantically ran to the utility room to see if the washer had leaked-and it was bone dry in there. Ran to the kitchen-and it was dry there. Well, we have a hallway bathroom that we barely use....but lo and behold-when I walked into there (my dear husband had gotten up by then and scrounged every towel we had to start soaking up the water) the entire bathroom was wet. We don't know how it happened-but we were thinking that it was possibly the commode-We had a really bad storm last night-and it was just water that got everywhere-but still.....it was soaking. So Micah was able to soak up all of the excess water. Now we just have to wait for Tom, our friend and landlord-to get to the house early this afternoon and help micah pull back the carpet and the padding and dry everything out with some fans so that nothing molds or mildews or damages the underlayment. God forbid we should have a mold problem on our hands---especially when it comes to flooring....I am soooo blessed to know how to deal with these kinds of things-my father happens to have been in the flooring business since I was born-but it's still enough to freak you out! Could've been worse than just the hallway, I suppose, but ah! Alot of work is ahead of us-
Will keep you all posted-

2 comments:

  1. Long time no see!!! Congrats on your bundle, when are you due? I just found everyones blogs again and am glad your still here.

    The water thing stinks, but it's got to be nice knowing what can be done about it =) What is happening with you these days? Work, life, baby, etc.

    My e-mail is heather093@centurytel.net, I would love to chat with you again. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time no see!!! Congrats on your bundle, when are you due? I just found everyones blogs again and am glad your still here.

    The water thing stinks, but it's got to be nice knowing what can be done about it =) What is happening with you these days? Work, life, baby, etc.

    My e-mail is heather093@centurytel.net, I would love to chat with you again. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete