Monday, December 24, 2007

The Eve of Our Saviour's Birth

How Mary must've trembled at the news....maybe even psyched herself out. "I couldn't be with child....that's just...well...impossible...but I will glorify the Lord and trust His Word...." Then things started happening....her body starts changing...her belly....something small and hard within her womb....growing....and filling out her abdomen....it really must've hit home at that point. I am going to be a mother...and not just a mother...but mother to God in the Flesh....the Saviour of my people...and of the world.
I laid in bed last night pondering this a bit just before I fell asleep. Getting to experience a part of what she must've felt as her body changed....and her life changed with it....is amazing.
May you all ponder this Christmastime....about the wonders of this birth....the birth of the one whom all of the world's expectation was put upon...this tiny babe....who was destined to die for the sins of a world so desparately in need of Him---I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment