Thursday, March 08, 2007

Here is a Day

Pray. Sometimes the best thing and the most thing that we can do...is Pray. Lord Please help me to talk to You, and to listen to You. Because frankly sometimes I don't want to. I don't want to because sometimes it feels like You're doing nothing, and don't really care, and would rather just as soon teach us a lesson through our misery than help us out a little bit. I know that's not true, and that's why I must fight...fight for my heart to believe that You are who You say You are, and that You WILL accomplish that which concerns me, and those around me., and that You HEAR me, and You are LISTENING to me.

2 comments:

  1. i identify completely with your need for "instant gratification." prayers that cry out to God in desperation, go on for days, weeks, months...and still no answer. at least not one that we can see. and sometimes we even get bold enough to pray that the Lord will change OUR perspective if the circumstances won't change. but still: silence at times. do we then throw our hands up in despair, maddened by this God we serve? or do we reach out with a CHOICE to cling to this Lord who sometimes frustrates us to no end? i admire your ability to choose, sister. many give up when the going gets tough.....i once had someone tell me to yell and scream at God, cause it's better than turning off the line of communication. He loves the outcry of His kids...i have to believe that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Tanya for identifying with me! It really encourages me so much to be reminded that I AM NOT ALONE! The Lord is with me, and He will use people to encourage me and come along side me-and use me to come along side others and encourage them as well-and i like the yell and scream thing-because sometimes that's all that I can do-as much as my flesh wants me to shut it all off and shut down on God-I can't...i just can't...because I know I am so much better off not doing that! I love you so much-Tanya, thank you again!

    ReplyDelete